This is the little kitchen in our guest cottage. This makeover was definitely budget - basically as cheap as they come!
These before photos show just how LOVELY the kitchen was before I started fixing it up.
This is a basic list of what I did to this room to make it look heaps better!
- Huge amounts of cleaning
- Huge amounts of no-gapping
- Painted all the walls and ceiling
- I painted the floor the same way that I did for the other rooms in this house
- Our builder very kindly gave us some leftover tiles he had to do the splashback and we also did the top of the bench with leftover floor tiles. I also added a ‘H’ and a ‘C’ above the appropriate taps
- I took off all the doors of the top cupboards, to open the room up a bit
- I took out the ill-fitting drawers and instead sewed a curtain to go in the middle of the bottom cupboards
- I changed the handles of all the cupboards
- I added a shelf above the stove to break up that wall a bit
- I added a little cabinet that I’d bought from the Salvos for $15 at the end of the benches.
- And then I decorated the room with lots of things that I already had! I was especially pleased to be able to use all my lovely blue and white things in this room. They look so good next to the red
It’s a very functional little kitchen and is certainly a MAJOR improvement on what it originally looked like!
Hope you are enjoying any makeovers that you’re doing at your place!