Things you will need:
- 2 pillow cases
- flisofix (double sided iron on)
- protractor (to draw the petals) or you can use a plate!
- scraps of fabric in whatever colours you want to use
- sewing machine
1. Chose a variety of fabrics for the petals, to give it that sweet vintage look. My fabrics were already cut in strips. Just make sure they are large enough to correspond with your petal size. See step 3.
2. Iron the scraps onto a piece of flisofix (try not to waste any space if you can).
3. Cut out 12 petals. I made my petals using a protractor to draw a circle and then divided it into 4 petals. But you can easily freehand the petal... its up to you. My petals are 41/2" long.
4. Next lay out your petals across the end of the pillow case and pin in your desired design. I also used a water soluble pen to mark each end point (in case they moved when I was sewing them).
5. Iron each petal into place (making sure you first remove the paper on the back of the flisofix!), then sew around each one with a zig-zag stitch to secure it. Make sure you do a little back stitch at the beginning and end to secure the stitching.
6. If you used the water soluble pen - you can now give the petals a light spray to dissolve the pen marks. Give the pillow cases a good and you're all finished!!!!
Now you can admire them on the bed in your space room and wonder if you couldn't just keep them for yourself instead of giving them away (like I am!!!).