The other week I was shopping in Kmart for a few school things for my daughter Poppy. Many of you would have been doing the same thing!
I spotted this ‘lookie-likey’ wood contact and thought how nice and "Scandinavian" it looked. I wanted to use it somehow… and so I came up with the idea of giving some of my furniture a Scandinavian makeover!
The best thing about decorating like this is that it’s not permanent! Whenever you’re sick of the look, just peel it off and chuck it out!
This contact can be used on any surface really, but I just had a quick go at decorating a few things in my kitchen. But you could use this idea for LOADS of things! Decorations on a child’s bed, cot, change table, bathroom, bath, kitchen splashback….. anywhere!
So here are a few quick ideas from me:
- A couple of my kitchen chairs got a quick update...
- Poppy and James really liked this house design on the back of a chair. It would also look nice on a cot or change table or wardrobe for a child.
- Maybe you have to have your bin on display in the kitchen (mine is in a cupboard so I'm lucky!)... make it a bit more funky with some contact designs.
- James's highchair got a quick makeover too!
- And what about some funky contact place settings on the kitchen table? Just peel it off when you don't want it there anymore. It might help your little ones to stay at the table to eat their dinner!
Enjoy your decorating!
PS: I’ve only just posted some basic ideas here for this project. We’d LOVE to see YOUR creations (or anything else that you've tried at home from our blog)! Email your photos to us and we’ll post them on our Facebook page.