We just got back from holidays. It was Thom's first trip overseas and we had an absolute ball.
I had hoped to post this before we left - but ran out of time. With our bags all packed, we just needed luggage tags. So I thought we might make our own.
We each made one - Thom used an old painting he had done and I used a cute Molly Makes calendar I had.
They were really simple and reminded me of the gift tags I made for Christmas a few years back or the fabric style labels - see links here and here.
- paper, card or a photo would also be great that you can print or write on
- contact paper (or laminator if you are lucky to have one)
- pens, stamps, glitter (use your imagination)
- hole punch
1. First cut out your tags, mine are 10cm x 4cm
2. Print, write or decorate the front however you like (I just stamped each of ours with 'MINE' which sort of made me giggle.
3. Write your contact details on the back.
4. Contact both sides, making sure not to get any bubbles in them.
5. Cut out the tags ensuring you keep a little bit of contact around the edges to ensure they stay stuck together.
6. Sew around the edge with a simple straight stitch to secure the contact. You don't have to do this step but I think it will help the tag last a little longer - and it looks pretty too!
7. Punch a hole through the top of the tag and attach to your bag with a ribbon.